St. Barnabas Pre-School Nursery was originally opened as a playgroup in March 1980.
It was established in its current form in 1992 by Ann Clements, the Pre-School Supervisor. Sharon Bransgrove is the Deputy Supervisor and, together, they work with a team of seven Pre-School Assistants.
All staff are CRB-checked and have many years' experience in the setting. Most staff are qualified in Early Years Education to NVQ Level 3 or above.
Many families choose our nursery for its community atmosphere and warm, nurturing staff.
- To provide high quality care and education for children from 2½ to statutory school age (approx. 4½).
- To work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop to their full potential.
- To enhance the life and well-being of the local community.
- To offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and values diversity.
We are open during term-time Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 12:00 and, for children aged 3½ years+, Wednesday and Friday, 12:30 - 15:30.
- Fees are £15 per session (as of September 2018).
- Fees are payable each half term.
- From the term after your child’s third birthday (that is the term starting in the September, January or April following their third birthday), fees will be funded by the Government under the Free Early Education Scheme.
- This Government funding will pay for up to 5 sessions (15 hours) per week for 38 weeks of the year.
- There is a resource fund of £10 or £20 per half term, depending upon the number of sessions attended, to help pay for consumables.
How we are managed
- We are a registered charity and, as such, are managed by a committee on which the majority of members are parents of children currently attending the Pre-School.
- We welcome new parent committee-members and appreciate parents' involvement in the running of the Pre-School.