OFSTED Reports - Good
Every OFSTED inspection of St. Barnabas Pre-School has rated our nursery ‘Good’.
Excerpt from the ‘Summary of key findings for parents’, taken from the the most recent OFSTED inspection report (May 2018)
- [The manager and staff] have daily discussions to reflect on the day's events and how well the children engaged in their learning [and] use their findings to support their future activity plans.
- Children have good opportunities to investigate the world around them. For example, they enjoy exploring nature up close in regular bug hunts, using magnifying glasses.
- Staff establish positive relationships with children. They get to know their individual personalities and interests well. This helps children settle quickly, confidently and happily into their play. Children make good progress in their learning.
- Staff effectively support children to develop good communication and language skills. For instance, they respectfully reinforce the correct pronunciation of words.
- Children develop good early mathematical skills to support their future learning, such as younger children enjoy number songs and older children confidently count as they play.
All OFSTED inspection reports may be found on the OFSTED website (link opens in new window).
OFSTED is in the process of revising its website; there are old and new links to the list of St. Barnabas inspection reports (links open in new windows).
These old and new links may change over time; if you need to locate the St. Barnabas reports on the OFSTED website, our Unique Reference Number (URN) is 127578.
"My daughters love St Barnabas, particularly their key workers who make them feel very special and important. They always come home with an exciting story to tell of things they have done or learnt. My eldest daughter is really doing well in her pre-school sessions learning her letters/sounds and numbers all helping to get her ready for Infant school."
"I am very happy that my son is in a caring environment with people who genuinely enjoy looking after the children."
"My daughter is very happy and comfortable at St Barnabas and we are very pleased with the progress she has made and the care she receives. "
"My daughter loves coming to pre-school and I’ve noticed a great improvement in her speech and social skills."